I have had a lot of things on my mind lately about trusting in God to supply our needs and sometimes even our wants. I can't help but be reminded of when Stephen and I first got married. We knew that God was calling us to move to Wake Forest for Stephen to go to seminary. We had no doubts about that. The only problem was that God had yet to provide jobs for us. I realize that we were young and it was just the two of us but we had total faith that God wouldn't open one door without providing a way for us to live. So we packed up our lives, leaving everything and everyone we knew and moved 9 hours away! Stephen was able to get an interview at Lowes' Foods, a grocery store next to our apartment, where he made about $150-$200 a week. We praised God for providing but quickly realized this wasn't enough! We began to pray that God would provide...but in the mean time we were still faithful in tithing and attending our Church. We never lost sight of Him. About a month later I finally got a call back from Target. God had provided again, we both had jobs. But again we began to realize that this wasn't going to be enough for us to survive. We prayed again. Stephen had gone to the school to print off more places that were hiring. In that bunch was AMS Software. It was for a receptionist position. Wasn't sure if I would ever hear back from them but I applied anyway. Within 15 minutes I got a call back for an interview. By the grace of God he provided a full time amazing job even a better one than I applied for! It was at that point I looked backed an realized God had a plan all along....He was holding out his provision until this job opened up because he knew that this was where I needed to be.
Looking back now I realize even more God provision! Until September 2011 we couldn't make a budget because it didn't make since. We had more bills than money so we just went with it and prayed that we would be able to make it work. I am here to tell you that none of use, neither child, EVER did without! We had food on the table, money for formula, even some desires. God provided! 100% God provided! He has allowed me to stay home with my children since January 2010. He is the reason we had all these things.
Now let me tell you one more thing. If you are in the will of God, he WILL provide, he will take care of his people! If Stephen and I had said well guess this isn't meant to be and tried to figure it out on our on we wouldn't be in Clarksville, TN! He might not even be an Associate Pastor. God has a plan and if we allow him to guide and direct, and come before him with open hearts and minds HE will do amazing things. We will look back, maybe even years from now and say "God Provided" But do we really want to look back and see our lack of faith, and lack of trust in the ALL-POWERFUL ALL-KNOWING God? That is for you to decide!
Just remember these:
God provided Manna in the desert!
God feed the 5000!
God provided the lamb to be offered instead of Issac!
These are just a few!
But in all these stories they had to step out on FAITH before God provided!
God has blessed our family over the years! We have three beautiful red heads. I am a daughter of Christ first and foremost. I am a pastor's wife, mother, friend, and a Disney freak! In this blog you will read about all of the above....some funny stories, some post to make you think, and some that might have you shed a few tears. Enjoy!
Friday, September 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment