Yesterday I was really thinking how much I am blessed! It started in Sunday School when the topic was on abortion and the sanctity of life. I feel very strongly on this topic! Most of you know my story but some of you may not. I was adopted at 2 months at 1 day. It wasn't until later in life that I found out that my biological mother was a single teenage mother. She had just started her first semester of college and had her life ahead of her. But still she did the right thing and decided to stick it out and not have an abortion. I am here because a TEENAGER decided to do the not cool thing and stay pregnant. I know very little about her but I have tremendous respect for her. Someone asked me yesterday if I were mad at her for giving me up and I can honestly say NO! She admitted that she couldn't provide a good life for me and wanted more for me. It is because of her that I have the life I do. I have two wonderful parents who love me more than you can imagine. I also have a very close wonderful extended family. It is because of her unselfishness and God's amazing love and plan for me that I met and married a wonderful man that I don't deserve, which allowed me to have yet another wonderful family!
Back to yesterday! So after Sunday School came Worship and that was about adoption and how we are adopted as sons and daughter and now have all the rights to His family! I have always said that I can grasp this just a little better than most. I didn't do anything to deserve the family I was adopted into but I now have all the rights and responsibilities of someone "born" to the family.
All of this to say that I am blessed that God decided to give me the family that He did. I am also glad that I was adopted into another family, God's!
If you have a daughter in Spring Creek Youth Group you can be assured they know this story! This is also why in the next few weeks we will be starting the True Love Waits study! I want them to never be put in this position and let them know how important it is to just say NO! But if they are in the position this young lady was in I want them to know what to do.
If you are a parent of a girl or if you have wanted to get involved with the youth this is a very powerful video click here This is another one but this one I want to girls to see click here
God has blessed our family over the years! We have three beautiful red heads. I am a daughter of Christ first and foremost. I am a pastor's wife, mother, friend, and a Disney freak! In this blog you will read about all of the above....some funny stories, some post to make you think, and some that might have you shed a few tears. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment