Monday, December 9, 2013

War Eagle!!! Watch out FSU we are coming for you!!!

For most of you that read my blog you know that we are Auburn fans!  When you are born in the state of Alabama you are raised to be an Auburn fan or an Alabama fan.  There is no sitting on the fence. For Stephen and I we were raised to cheer for Auburn! Stephen went to Auburn. And for me, both my parents are Auburn grads and mom has a masters from Auburn.  All of my aunts and uncles went to Auburn and most of my cousins went to Auburn as well.  Since I haven't finished my undergrad my parents are still holding out hope that I will get a diploma from Auburn as well....guess time will tell on that one! LOL So when this year's Iron Bowl came around it was a big deal....everyone knew what we were playing for....SEC West Champs and the opportunity to go to Atlanta to play for the title!  We decided to come home a day early from Thanksgiving so that we could watch the game at the house and not have to drive so late into the night.  I wish I could say that I had the camera rolling when we won but I didn't!  I thought for sure it was going to overtime and didn't even think about it.  Well when we won this video started going around.....I kid you not this was what Stephen looked like....with the exception of pulling the kid off the couch because Nate was in the other room....but we did back it up and make Nate watch it!  We told him that he would remember this for the rest of his life!!!

Now I am not going to lie to ya! I was praying that this season wouldn't be as bad as last year and that we would at least make it into a good bowl game.  I had NO idea that this was even possible.  So Saturday night after we beat Missouri and then we watch Michigan State beat Ohio State....we kinda just weren't really sure what to think or to say because how in the world do you go from a 3-9 (0-8 SEC) record to a 12-1 record the very next year?!?!  So you better believe come January 6, 2014 at 7:30pm this family will be decked out in Auburn attire praying for another upset!!!




"War Eagle, fly down the field,
Ever to conquer, never to yield.
War Eagle, fearless and true.  
Fight on you orange and blue.
GO! GO! GO!
On to vict'ry strike  up the band.
Give 'em hell, give 'em hell,
Stand up and yell, hey! 
War Eagle, win for Auburn, 
Power of Dixieland!"

No comments:

Post a Comment