Monday, June 17, 2013

Wives Submit!


There has been a lot of discussion about wives being submissive.  And how it is not liked in the world we live in today.  I would like explain what I trying to say.  The Bible in Ephesians 5 says: “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.  For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.  Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.”  Ephesians 5:22-24 The husband being the head of the wife is something that was ordained from God even before the fall.  The woman was made to be a helpmate for the man.  Now if you continue in Ephesians  it says, “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.  In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies.  He who loves his wife loves himself.  For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does for the church, because we are members of his body.  Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.  However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. “ Ephesians 5:25-33  Now if you read this you will realize that if the husband does his job and treats the wife, the way Christ did the church, submission is not a problem.  Because let me ask you what Christ did for the church?  He died for her! He watches out for her, he LOVES her.  So if your husband does his job and treats you with respect, love, and as the helpmate God created you for.  Being submissive to that should be easy.  Because if your husband is looking out for you and your family and does things and makes decisions for your family that he feels is the way God is leading him to lead your family, it should be easy.  Let me also say that sometimes God uses the wife to help him see the direction God is leading your family. 

I will tell you how I feel from personal experiences.  I am thankful and blessed that God has given me a husband who strives to seek out what God wants for us as a family.  He has more often times than not treated me the way he is suppose to, as Christ called him to.  When we got ready to leave the church we were serving at in North Carolina we talked things over, so he knew where I stood but the decision to leave was up to him.  Because he is the one that is suppose to lead me and my children.  And let me also say that the fact that he is the one that is suppose to lead us is a weight off my shoulders! I have seen first hand from a friend what it is like to not have that strong leader as a husband and father and I can promise you that that is NOT want I want. 

Now I am not saying in any way that if you are in some kind of abusive relationship that you should continue to let it happen and not get out.  I am also not saying that if your husband is treating you like dirt or a doormat that you should continue to let him do this.  Like I stated before if your husband is doing it right or is trying to do it right there wouldn’t be a problem with submission!

Here is a song that I love to listen to because it kinda lets us as women see that as husbands they are desperately trying to listen to God and his direction for our family because they can’t do it alone! So watch this VIDEO!  

No comments:

Post a Comment