Monday, October 22, 2012

Our Weekend

We got back from Alabama last night and let me just say the trip down was awesome! The kids have NEVER acted better.  They slept, they played, no major freak outs, and overall just a good trip.  The trip home.....NEVER acted worse! They were fine until we got out of Birmingham and the rest of the time it was something ALL the way home.  At Natalie's worst she SCREAMED for an hour....she started off wanting this or wanting that but then after she would get it she would change her mind.  Then she started saying something over and over and over....we couldn't figure it out for anything.  We finally had to stop at the Tennessee state line because she was screaming so much she was making herself sick.  So we stopped I went inside to go to the bathroom while Stephen tired to calm her down.  When I came back out she was still upset and saying the same thing she was saying in the car.  I FINALLY figured it out....she wanted a BOW! A FREAKING BOW!!!! Are you kidding me! When Stephen came back and I told him what we had figured out, he couldn't believe it.  Then she got a big smile on her face and pointed to her bow.

This was her after she had gotten her bow and was back in the car! 

I wish I could say that this solved all her problems but it didn't! She fussed about stuff until she finally fell asleep in Nashville.  Needless to say she went straight to bed when we got home.  I tell ya, I love her but oh my she is drama drama already and isn't even 2 yet! I think I am in BIG trouble later!

Now on to why we went to Alabama in the first place! Stephen had his 10 year high school class reunion. Yep he is old! :) lol just kidding! The plan was to go to the Springwood football game Friday Night with our kids and then to go out to dinner Saturday night without our kids.  The kids had a lot of fun on Friday night.  Nate got to meet a new friend Ace who is Mace and Brei's oldest boy.  It was fun for the kids to hang out with more red heads.  Both Ace and Axl have red hair as well.  All though I have to admit it is normally pretty easy to find my kids in a crowd but with two other red heads that made things a little harder.  But Ace and Nate had a lot of fun chasing each other all over, going over and talking to Woody (the mascot) and of course playing in a pile of dirt!! After all they are 4 year old boys! :) 

Saturday we got some time to hang out without the kids.  Since I went to Springwood for a while and even after I left I still was kinda connected because of Rebecca, I knew pretty much all of the ones that graduated with him.  But it was a lot of fun to sit around and hear stories about Stephen and his friends. From Stephen throwing up in Mace's helmet and then poor thing having to WEAR the helmet, to when they rolled the school.  (Which Laura Catherine, Bob's wife, and I decided we should go get their Letterman jackets, which were still at their parent's house, and send them rolling.)  They didn't do it incase you were wondering! :)  

At the end of the night they all decided to come up to Nashville for Music City Half Marathon.  Hopefully they all can come and get to hang out again! 

Springwood Class of 2002
Stephen, Bob, Mace, Stefan, and Tate 


3 comments:

  1. He's old? Wow....I will celebrate graduating from college 10 years ago next May. That's old =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun!
    (Except for the hairbow drama! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can neither confirm nor deny that any rolling took place some 10 years ago at a school located in Lanett, AL. Neither can I endorse this action as a beneficial recreational activity.

    ReplyDelete