Thursday, November 8, 2012

Importance of Human Life

I have gone back in forth with if to post anything or not and I finally decided that it was important enough for me to post anyway!

I have noticed over the last several months the abortion issue/women's rights have become a hot topic.  I know that people have there reasons for being pro choice but for me its personal why I am pro life.  To give you a little bit of a background for those of you who don't know me very well....I was adopted at 2 months old.  My biological mother was a 19 year old girl who made the decision to stick it out and keep me.  She made the right decision to give me up for adoption.  I don't know a lot about the situation but that's all I really need to know.  Now I know that people say that it should be left up to the girl/woman to decide what to do because it's her body and while this is true the baby inside of her is another living baby!
This is a 7 week ultrasound of Noah, with a heartbeat! 
I have always felt like a baby is a baby at all points of pregnancy but when you see something so tiny with a heartbeat it gets VERY real!  For 9 months I have to put my wants and desires aside because it's NOT about me anymore.  This baby becomes the most important.  So when people say that its a woman's right because it's her body I feel a little sick to my stomach.  Somewhere a long the line we have to look at the big picture!

Now I want you to think about all of these "babies" who were killed because of convenience....who could they have been...the one that was going to discover a cure for cancer, one that was going to change the world for the better.  The world will never know.  It's scary to think that I could have been aborted just because she thought for 9 months I was an inconvenience.

What we should be doing for girls and women in this world is teaching them how important it is to stay pure, to not be put in that kind of position in the first place.  And to also teach them about grace and forgiveness because believe me I don't want Natalie to ever have to worry about this but if she makes a "mistake" I want her to know there is forgiveness and she doesn't have to hide it and do away with an innocent child.

The other thing is what do you do when there is rape.  Now this may not be popular but it is still another human life and should not be a reason for abortion.  I understand that is not liked by a lot of people because they don't think the girl should "suffer" just because a terrible thing happened to her.  I do agree but why should the baby die because of it! That is my question.

I do realize that a lot of people will not this post but for me I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer.  I will not force my convictions and beliefs on you but I will pray that God would reveal his plan and desires on this topic to you.    

No comments:

Post a Comment