Today was Nathan's first day at First Learners Preschool at First Baptist Clarksville. Stephen and I woke up early to pack his lunch and make him breakfast.
I was getting a little sad because I knew that the day was here but Stephen was the one that was all emotional....I kinda laughed at him. Perhaps I shouldn't have done that considering how I was about to act! :) Oh well....
We went to wake him up and he popped right out of bed. He was SOO excited to be going to school. He ate a little bit of breakfast but didn't want much....I think he was to excited to eat. As we were getting him and Natalie dressed we were talking to him about his day and how he was going to meet a lot of new friends today. We told him he needed to be nice and polite to everyone and to obey his teachers. I made him a sign to hold while we took pictures so we would always remember when his first day of preschool was....he couldn't wait to go outside to take pictures.
 |
| The first attempt! Lol |
 |
| Take 6 or 7! Finally a good picture! |
 |
| Of course Natalie had to have a back pack and take a picture! |
 |
| Nate heading to the car! |
When we finally got enough pictures, we loaded up and we were off to First Baptist. Stephen took his backpack off and he had a fit because he was afraid we were going to forget to give it back to him. Nate was talking on the way and said "but mommy my school is soo far away!" I told him it wouldn't be to much longer and we would be there. He and Stephen started singing "The Wheels on the Bus" to make the time pass a little faster.
 |
| In the car heading to school |
We got there a little early, turned in his paperwork took a couple more pictures beside one of the signs. He was still so excited he didn't want to wait to go to his room. He was ready right then.
 |
| I told him to look at me but he was too busy looking around at all the stuff! |
 |
| Finally I get a quick look. |
We headed to class and met his teachers, he put his backpack and lunchbox on the peg. He thought he was a big boy! Then he headed into his room. He told mommy and daddy bye and then was gone....he didn't care that we were leaving him! At that point I could feel the tears coming! I couldn't help it and I couldn't stop them. I held it together to tell his teacher bye and to take a picture of his room sign and then turned around and LOST it. I was trying my hardest to at least make it to door before a tear fell but I was not successful! On the way out I ran into Jenn Hyde who gave me a hug. Got out the door and still couldn't stop crying! I don't think I was prepared to be crying that hard! Remember I was making fun of Stephen for getting emotional this morning....knew I shouldn't have done that!
 |
| Nate is in the Peacock room! |
 |
| Going to play...totally fine with mommy and daddy leaving! |
I dropped Stephen off at work and Natalie and I headed home. She asked me a couple times on the way home where Nate Nate was....she didn't understand why we left him. When we got home I had my chocolate fix! Of course Natalie had to have some too! :)
 |
| My Chocolate Fix! I may have eaten more than just these two! |
 |
| Natalie had some M&M's! :) |
I am very excited for Nate! I know he will have a blast today and learn a lot. I can't wait to hear all about his day! Now a little cleaning and some mother daughter time with my baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment