Saturday, January 19, 2013

Noah Michael Grubbs

Sorry it has taken me so long to sit down and write all this down.  Its been a busy two weeks!

Lets start from the beginning! I went for my 38 week appointment with Dr Yu on December 27th and we decided that it was time to induce because of how big she was afraid he would be if we waited.  So we scheduled it for January 2, 2013 at 6:30 am.  I was SO excited to finally have a date to look to and know that Noah would be here by then!  I was a little upset that we couldn't do it before the beginning of the year....simply because I would have LOVED to have an extra tax deduction but I wasn't going to complain to much.

We loaded up the car with the kids and there stuff the night of Jan. 1 and dropped them off with Jason and Yvette Moore.  We couldn't have asked for better friends who were willing to take our kids while I was in the hospital.  Thank you both again SO much! We got home and did a few last minute things and then tried to get a little bit of sleep before we had to leave at 4:30 am!

Got to the hospital and got checked in and just started waiting....and waiting...and waiting....I was SO worried that I would be in labor FOREVER because they kept telling me that he was REALLY REALLY high.  Dr. Yu came in during her lunch break to check me and I was still only about 4 or 5 cm but he was starting to finally come down some.  At this point I thought for sure I would be there all night.  About 2 pm I started feeling different and so the nurse checked me again and I was about 6 cm and he was much lower....about 3 pm she checked me again and I was 8 cm....30 minutes later I was complete and he was ready to come!  YAY!

They made the call for Dr Yu!  I pushed the longest with him but it was still only about 15 minutes total.  He was out and Dr. Yu just said that he was big boy but not fat...just a big solid baby.  When they cleaned him up some and weighed him sure enough he was my biggest baby....10 LBS 1 OZ, 21 1/2 inches!!!!  Can you believe that?!?!? TEN POUNDS! I was shocked! I knew he was big but I wasn't expecting 10 lbs! His blood sugar was a little low and he was grunting a little so they took him to NICU for a couple of minutes to feed him and keep an eye on him. He didn't stay long in NICU...thankfully! He was released to the regular nursery.

Noah Michael Grubbs
About an hour after delivery they noticed that I was still bleeding more than they would have liked so they tried a couple of meds to try to get it to stop....that was not successful.  Dr. Yu came back and they decided to try a balloon that would apply pressure and hopefully stop the bleeding.  Before they started this they offered me more pain meds which I took but I was expecting to feel as out of it as I was.  Because of everything going on I was for sure that I was going to pass out and die!  It was the weirdest and craziest feeling I have ever had and hope I never have to experience that again!!!  I finally came back around and they were able to control the bleeding. PRAISE THE LORD!

I had to stay down in the labor and delivery room that night so they could keep a closer eye on me.  Also after all of the this calmed down they noticed that my heart was doing some weird things.  I had an EKG down during labor and they came back in to repeat it....I also had a cardiologist coming to look me.  This was all very weird....I have NEVER had problems with my heart.  When she came by she told me that my heart function had been lowered...which can be caused by pregnancy, labor, or the trauma of everything that happened.  But she felt confident that it would return to normal.  But I was placed on some meds to help make sure that it did.

Needless to say the recovery this time has been the hardest of them all.  I lost so much blood that for the first week I was just so weak that I was even afraid to stand up while holding me because I was so afraid I would pass out.  Thankfully I had Stephen's mom here for the first two nights, food brought to us for a week, Stephen was able to work from home and on and off in the office for a week, and then my mom came for a week!  I wouldn't have been able to do it without all of this. But thankfully I am finally feeling normal again and ready to start "normal" life as a family of FIVE!


Little Big Man

My Little Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment